Dr. Akbar Azam has joined Grand Asian University as a professor of mathematics as well as “Head of the Department”. His research area of interest is; Fuzzy sets theory and applications, Fixed point theory and its applications, Soft set theory, Ordered vector spaces and linear operators, Best approximations, Functional Analysis and operator theory. He has much other expertise as given below:
- Professor and researcher with 35+ years of teaching experience.
- Supervised 10 PhD theses, 25 MS theses as HEC approved supervisor.
- Made 09 international visits as invited speaker.
- Won 05 research productivity awards of PCST (2013—2017).
- Published over 110 articles in peer-reviewed journals (web of science, reviewed by American Mathematical Society).
- Published about 40 papers in the last five years.
- Made 15international research collaborations with word-fame distinguished professors of Mathematics. Highly-Cited/Adjunct Co- Investigator of a project (2019-20) for Ministry of Education, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Submitted 10 new research papers for publications. Stood with GS-Citations ( on 12-12-20),2632, h-index:28,i-10 index:62