Dr Abdul Hafeez Khan
Professor Dr Abdul Hafeez Khan is a Professor of English with specialization in English Language Teaching. He earned his PhD from Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan on the basis of course work done at the University of Manchester. He has a diversified academic / administrative experience in different higher education institutions as stated below:
- Chairman, Department of Social Sciences, Grand Asian University
- Former Chairman, Department of English, Allama Iqbal Open University
- Former Dean, Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities, Allama Iqbal Open University
- Former Dean, Faculty of Education, Allama Iqbal Open University
- Former Dean/ Director (Academics), University of Lahore, Pakpatan Campus
- Former Dean, Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, University of Sialkot
- About 40 years of teaching experience
- More than 20 years of administrative experience
Projects developed by him are as follows:
Developed/refined the MA Teaching of English as Foreign Language Project/programme at Allama Iqbal Open University.
Developed SSC Functional English Project at Allama Iqbal Open University.
As Chairman/Dean at Allama Iqbal Open University, established 26 centres in the country for training English language teachers.
Established Self Access Centre, as the Project Director, in collaboration with the HEC, at Allama Iqbal Open University.
At the University of Lahore, Pakpattan Campus, the campus library was digitalized under my supervision and instructions as Dean/Director.
At the University of Lahore, Pakpattan Campus, as Dean/Director, developed a system under which the research students were directly looked after by me especially with reference to the appointment of their supervisors, maintaining the record of their meetings with their supervisors on research, submission of thesis and holding of public defence/vivas.
As Dean at the University of Sialkot, opened six new academic departments with the approval of statuary bodies.
As Dean, at the University of Sialkot, launched six MPhil and one PhD programmes.
At Grand Asian University, developed a proposal under the guidance of the Registrar, Vice Chancellor and the Chairman, Board of Governors, for establishing a new faculty “Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences”.