Preamble and Objective
The University is oﬀering Undergraduate, Graduate and Postgraduate programs in various disciplines following semester system. The present document describes Rules and Regulations governing the Semester System, examinations as well as promotion.
Rules And Regulations
- These rules may be called Grand Asian University, Sialkot Semester Rules for Undergraduate, Graduate & Postgraduate programs framed under HEC policy.
- Theses extend to all programs in the whole University and Affiliated Colleges.
- These Rules and Regulations shall come into force with immediate eﬀect and these shall apply to all the students registered in Grand Asian University, Sialkot whether they are studying in the University or in its constituent colleges/ affiliated institutions in ADPs, BS (4-Years), M.A/M.Sc. (2-Years), MS/M.Phil. and PhD.
- “Academic Year” includes two regular semesters (Fall and Spring) and a summer semester.
- “Board of Studies” means the Board of Studies (BoS) of the concerned Department of the University. The BoS is responsible for approving the coursework and plan of study of the relevant academic program.
- “Chairperson or Chairman” means the Head of the concerned Department of the University.
- “Coordinator” of a department means an academic staﬀ member who keeps the academic record, coordinates the educational and examination-related activities of the concerned department.
- “CGPA” is the Cumulative Grade Point Average for the semesters.
- “College” means the constituent or Affiliated College of the University.
- “Comprehensive Examination” means an examination or assessment at Postgraduate level to evaluate the overall academic ability of a candidate.
- “Controller” means the Controller of Examinations of the University.
- “Coursework” is the mode of a program of studies whereby the candidate is required to follow instructions as prescribed in the form of lectures, academics, examinations, assignments, projects etc.
- “Credit Hour” means one lecture hour and two to three hours of practical work per week for sixteen weeks in a regular semester.
- “Dean” means the Chairperson of the Board of Faculty.
- “Degree” means a document awarded ‘by the University to a candidate who has fulfilled the requirements for Undergraduate or Graduate or Postgraduate program.
- “Department / Institute / Centre / School” means the concerned Department of the University.
- “Director” means the Head of an Institute/Centre/School of the University.
- “Dissertation”: A formal, written treatise that covers a subject in great detail, and is submitted usually in the course of qualifying for a doctor of philosophy (PhD) degree.
- Drop out: A student considered unsuitable upon academic performance for further studies at Grand Asian University, Sialkot or its constituent Institute / Affiliated College and is removed from the roll of the University.
- “Examination” means any form of evaluation to assess a candidate’s performance.
- “External Examiner” means a person from outside the University having suitable qualification and experience in the relevant discipline. He/she should not have taught the subject in any class / section for which examination is being held.
- “Final Examination” means the examination held at the end of the semester upon completion of the study period of each semester.
- “GPA” stands for Grade Point Average ranging from 0 to 4.0.
- “Grades” the letters or points awarded to the students on the basis of the earned score
- “I-Grade” means Incomplete Grade.
- “Improve” means a course taken to improve the grade already scored.
- “Institute” means a teaching unit of the University.
- “Internal Examiner” means a person teaching a course for which the examination is being held, and a faculty member (Supervisor or Member) appointed by the University to evaluate the performance of a Graduate and Postgraduate candidate.
- Internship: Students’ engagement in a relevant academic, professional, research or business organization related to the discipline chosen for specialization of minimum of 3 credit hours oﬀered in the last year of program/degree.
- “Mid-term Examination” means the evaluation to be held during the course of the semester. Midterm examination will be held after completing 7 to 8 weeks of studies.
- “Principal” means the head of a college.
- “Program” means a program of studies oﬀered by the University, such as Graduate/ Postgraduate Degrees and any other Diploma.
- “Project” It can be an activity based on research, field work or academic activity relevant to the concerned program/degree having minimum of 3 credit hours.
- “Repeat” means a course taken again after failing in the previous exams.
- “Special Examination” means a chance given to the students on medical/emergency grounds or circumstances beyond the control in lieu of the scheduled examination.
- “Semester” means a period of academic activities, on average 18 weeks including sixteen weeks of instruction, and two weeks of examinations.
- “Student” means a person enrolled in any academic program of the University as per prescribed procedures.
- “Subject” means a course of studies as prescribed in the detailed syllabi.
- “Summer Semester” means a period of academic activities of 9 to 12 weeks including enrollment, teaching and examination.
- “Supervisor” means a person appointed by the University to supervise the candidate’s research for thesis / report / Project till final completion.
- “Syllabi” means syllabi of the concerned discipline approved by the Statuary Bodies such as BoS, BoF and Academic Council of the University in accordance with HEC guidelines.
- “Thesis” is an academic composition based on research work presented by a candidate as a requirement of Graduate and Postgraduate Degree program.
- “W-Grade” means withdrawn course that will not be counted in GPA calculation.
EMPOWERING LEADERS OF TOMORROW
Building a community of lifelong learners and champions of success
GAUS an extraordinary place for learning, discovery and transformation. Here, you have the freedom to ask questions, challenge the ordinary and spark innovation. We seek out bright and curious minds with revolutionary ideas to create an empowering community of leaders and change-makers read more…